[openstack-dev] [nova][security] Enable user password complexity verification

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:02:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM, David Stanek <dstanek at dstanek.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 6:04 AM liusheng <liusheng1175 at 126.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for this topic, also, I think it is similar situation when talking
>> about keystone users, not only the instances's password.
>>

> In the past we've talked about having more advanced password management
> features in Keystone (complexity checks, rotation, etc). The end result is
> that we are not adding them because we would like to get away from managing
> users in Keystone that way. Instead we are pushing for users to integrate
> Keystone with more fully featured identity products.

Hi, David,

Thanks for the info you provided. Would you please give me some
links(emails or etherpad) about the discussion before?

IMHO, as an identity management project, with user-faced APIs, Keytone
should provide such security feature options to users, to make it
self-contained, we could not always rely on other compoment or
product(Horizon, 3rd party component, etc.) to do something really
import for Keystoen itself.

--
Regards!