[openstack-dev] [all]Big Tent Mode within respective projects

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:39:45 UTC 2015

On 06/03/2015 08:25 AM, Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As I understand, Neutron by far has the clearest big tent mode via its
> in-tree/out-of-tree decomposition, thanks to Kyle and other Neutron team
> members effort.
>
> So my question is, is it the same for the other projects? For example,
> does Nova also have the project-level Big Tent Mode Neutron has?

Hi Zhipeng,

At this time, Neutron is the only project that has done any splitting
out of driver and advanced services repos. Other projects have discussed
doing this, but, at least in Nova, that discussion was put on hold for
the time being. Last I remember, we agreed that we would clean up,
stabilize and document the virt driver API in Nova before any splitting
of driver repos would be feasible.

Best,
-jay