[openstack-dev] [all][infra][tc][ptl] Scaling up code review process (subdir cores)

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Jun 3 12:29:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 03 2015, Boris Pavlovic wrote:

> Reverting patches is unacceptable for Rally project.

Then you have a more serious problem than the rest of OpenStack.

> This means that we merged bug and this is epic fail of PTL of project.

Your code is already full of bugs and misfeatures, like the rest of the
software. That's life.

> Let's take a look from other side, Ihar would you share with me
> your  password of your email?
> You can believe me I won't do anything wrong with it.

This is a completely wrong analogy. Email is personal, open source
software are not.

> And "yes" I don't want to trust anybody this is huge amount of work to PTL.
>
> PTL in such case is bottleneck because he need to check that all 100500+
> subcores are reviewing pieces that they can review and passing +2 only on
> patches that they can actually merge.
>

> Let's just automate this stuff.
> Like we have automated CI for testing.

If you're having trust issues, good luck maintaining any large-scale
successful (open source) project. This is terrible management and leads
to micro-managing tasks and people, which has never build something
awesome.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker