[openstack-dev] [nova] Should we add instance action event to live migration?

Rui Chen chenrui.momo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:39:24 UTC 2015

Hi all:

    We have the instance action and action event for most of the instance
operations,

exclude: live-migration. In the current master code, when we do
live-migration, the

instance action is recorded, but the action event for live-migration is
lost. I'm not sure that

it's a bug or design behavior, so I want to get more feedback in mail list.

    I found the patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95440/

    It's add the live migration action, but no event. It looks weird.

    I think there are two improvement we can do

    [1]: add the live migration event, keep consistence with other instance
operations.

    [2]: remove the live migration action in order to make the operation
transparent to end-users, like Andrew say in the patch comments.

    Which way you like? please let me know, thanks.