[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Does Bay/Baymodel name should be a required option when creating a Bay/Baymodel

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 01:44:39 UTC 2015

I think that we did not come to a conclusion in today's IRC meeting.

Adrian proposed that Magnum generate a unique name just like what docker is
doing for "docker run", the problem mentioned by Andrew Melton is that
Magnum support multi tenant, we should support the case that bay/baymodel
under different tenant can have same name, the unique name is not required.

Also we may need support name update as well if the end user specify a name
by mistake and want to update it after the bay/baymodel was created.

Hmm.., looking forward to more comments from you. Thanks.

Jay Lau (Guangya Liu)