[openstack-dev] [Murano] Help needed with TOSCA support in Murano

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Tue Jun 2 21:44:02 UTC 2015

Hi Vahid,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I have a questions about application life-cycle if we use TOSCA translator.
In Murano the main advantage of using HOT format is that we can update Het
stack with resources as soon as we need to deploy additional application.
We can dynamically create multi-tier applications with using other apps as
a building blocks. Imagine Java app on tom of Tomcat (VM1) and PostgreDB
(VM2).  All three components are three different apps in  the catalog.
Murano allows you to bring them and deploy together.

Do you think it will be possible to use TOSCA translator for Heat stack
updates? What we will do if we have two apps with two TOSCA templates like
Tomcat and Postgre. How we can combine them together?

Thanks
Gosha

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Vahid S Hashemian <
vahidhashemian at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> This is my what I have so far.
>

> Would love to hear feedback on it. Thanks.
>
> Regards,

Georgy Okrokvertskhov
Architect,
OpenStack Platform Products,