[openstack-dev] About the volume status exposure during migration

Sheng Bo Hou sbhou at cn.ibm.com
Tue Jun 2 09:57:40 UTC 2015

Hi Avishay,

I really appreciate your comments on the spec I submitted for volume
migration improvement.(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186327/)
I truly understand your concerns about exposing the migrating status to
the end user(not admin). However, there is something I get confused: when
we would like to migrate a volume from LVM to Storwize back-end, we need
to use the command "retype". During this retype, the volume status is
already set to retyping, which is also exposed to the end user(not admin).
Do you see any issues about that???? Is this something we need to change
as well?

Best wishes,
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Staff Software Engineer, Open Standards and Open Source Team, Emerging
Technology Institute, IBM China Software Development Lab

Tel: 86-10-82450778 Fax: 86-10-82453660
Notes ID: Sheng Bo Hou/China/IBM at IBMCN    E-mail: sbhou at cn.ibm.com
Address:3F Ring, Building 28 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang
West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.C.100193
地址:北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼环宇大厦3层 邮编:100193