[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] No LBaaS agent?

Doug Wiegley dougwig at parksidesoftware.com
Tue Jun 2 00:04:02 UTC 2015

The reference implemenation for lbaas (using haproxy with namespaces) requires the agent. There are vendor implementations that are agent-less, but not the reference.

There is a non-agent ref driver for lbaas v2, but there is no horizon support for v2, and that driver is unsupported beyond dev use.

If I may ask, why do you not want to run the agent?

Thanks,
doug