[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Plugins] modification disk configuration

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 20:14:29 UTC 2015

Samuel,

I cases like glance, and nova, you will likely want the volumes still
because they are still used in some cases as cache(glance), operational
files(nova-compute), or even interim storage(nova-compute) of snapshots. We
keep them around even when we use Ceph.

In the case of cinder, I'm assuming you mean the cinder vg created from the
cinder storage role. You should not need to deploy this role as it's only
necessary for lvm/iSCSI which it sounds like you are replacing.

Finally, if you truly don't want the allocations you would have to remove
them from the base releases data [1], As Evgeniy noted the role api won't
do this for you, you would have to update this using the release API or by
replacing the base data that is loaded from [1] as fuel initalizes.

[1]
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/nailgun/fixtures/openstack.yaml#L243-355