[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jun 1 15:57:17 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-01 12:20:22 +0100 (+0100), Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
[...]
> If the stable tarball snapshots had stable, ever increasing names, I
> would switch to using those straight away. (Out of which $ git
> describe --tags satisfies said requirement)

Current PBR releases already create monotonically-increasing
SemVer-like PEP-440-compliant versions for any commit, and name the
resulting sdist tarballs and wheels accordingly. It would be fairly
easy right now to switch stable branch tarball uploads on
tarballs.openstack.org to do that rather than constantly replace a
branch tip tarball. The biggest hurdle is that we'd need a separate
upload job name for those since the current version of Zuul lacks a
way to run a particular job for different branches in different
pipelines (we'd want to do versioned uploads for all pre-release and
release pipeline refs, but also for post pipeline refs only when the
branch name is like stable/.*).
--
Jeremy Stanley