[openstack-dev] [qa] Need volunteers for tempest bug triage

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 15:37:27 UTC 2015

On 05/30/2015 09:15 AM, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 03:52:02PM +0300, Yaroslav Lobankov wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Is it possible for other people (not only core reviewers) to
>> participate in bug triage? I would like to help in doing this.
> Absolutely. There's no such silly rule that only core reviwers can do
> bug triage.
Of course it is helpful for any one to help with bug triage. Beware that
confirming new bugs is a bit trickier
for tempest than other projects because it has such a high rate of
Invalid bug reports. This is because bugs in other projects will often cause
tempest to fail and many people just file tempest bugs with a stacktrace
from the console. You often have to dig further to find the real issue.

For that reason we like to always have a core reviewer watching bug
traffic and being the "bug supervisor" in the below referenced wiki.
That was the point of this message.

  -David