[openstack-dev] [nova] Progressing/tracking work on libvirt / vif drivers

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 13:21:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 06:32:18PM +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Per yesterday's IRC meeting [1], and discussion in Vancouver, Nova work is
> being somewhat driven by the etherpad at [2].  But this etherpad doesn't
> have a section for libvirt / vif driver changes.  The log at [1] briefly
> touched on this, but moved on after noting that Dan PB had disbanded a
> libvirt subteam for lack of interest.
>
> So, what should folk interested in libvirt / vif work (including me) now do?
> I think the answer is that we should self-organize, then report to the next
> IRC on how we've done that, and I'm happy to lead that if no one else wants
> to - but is there someone else who should or wants to own this?

I'm of a mindset that aims to avoid creating rules & bureaucracy, so don't
feel you need to get permission to form a special interest group to work on
the libvirt VIF drivers. Any group of interested devs should just collaborate
and divide work up between themselves. I just strongly suggest that you
work to keep any design / technical discussions in public forums. ie have
your email discussions on this openstack-dev mailing list or #nova IRC, and
not in private CC'd email threads between the special interest team. This
ensures that anyone with interest can watch what's going on, without having
to formally join any team.

Regards,
Daniel