[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com
Mon Jun 1 11:20:22 UTC 2015

On 29 May 2015 at 14:41, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> TL;DR:
> - We propose to stop tagging coordinated point releases (like 2015.1.1)
> - We continue maintaining stable branches as a trusted source of stable
> updates for all projects though

Ideally I would still want to see tarballs published, even if they are
generated with a $ git describe --tags name in it.

E.g. keystone-2015.1.0-3-g1373bfa.tar.gz

keystone-stable-kilo.tar.gz -> is really bad name imho, as it's ever
changing tarball. It would be nice if that was e.g. a symlink to a
keystone-2015.1.0-3-g1373bfa.tar.gz if said snapshot is latest.

If the stable tarball snapshots had stable, ever increasing names, I
would switch to using those straight away. (Out of which $ git
describe --tags satisfies said requirement)

--
Regards,

Dimitri.
Pura Vida!

https://clearlinux.org
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.