[openstack-dev] [neutron] - dnsmasq 'dhcp-authoritative' option broke multiple DHCP servers

Damon Wang damon.devops at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 08:47:50 UTC 2015

Hi Benton,

I'm sorry that seems I missed your discuss. I just seen your patch's merge
yesterday.

But I don't know that does NAK matters? A client will get a ACK and a NAK
if there are two agents, it's ok because client will assign IP address
successfully according to the ACK.

"dhcp-authoritative" is really a simple way to solve the problem of that
dnsmasq will lose lease if restarted, and we have put this patch to our
production (public cloud), it works well.

Thanks!
Wei