[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [all][infra] CI System is broken

Joshua Hesketh joshua.hesketh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:07:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2015-07-31 14:49:52 +0800 (+0800), Gareth wrote:
> > Could this issue be fixed today?
>
> I believe it is, now that we've restarted with
> https://review.openstack.org/207675 applied.
>
> > Btw, is it possible to design a special mode for gate/zuul? If ops
> > switch to that mode, all new gerrit event can't trigger any
> > jenkins job.
>
> I must not be understanding what you're describing, since it sounds
> exactly like Zuul's existing graceful shutdown behavior and also
> because I have no idea how that would help this situation at all.

I think the suggestion might be to not add anything new to a queue when
zuul is in a particular mode. In other words to give zuul a chance to catch
up.

However this is difficult because zuul will eventually have to run for
those changes at some point, so it may as well queue them immediately and
get to them when it can.

Cheers,
Josh