[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Lenovo driver submission requests

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 08:26:33 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 07/30/2015 08:59 AM, Kai KH Huang wrote:
>>
>> Dear Devananda
>>
>>           I'm the development leader of Lenovo Cloud Solution. Lenovo is
>> planning to contribute its Ironic driver to the OpenStack community. The
>> Ironic driver developers already registered as OpenStack members and
>> signed agreement with OpenStack org.
>>
>>           Sorry for broadcasting the message, but seems we have issue
>> sending mails to GMail account from China. Devananda, do you have
>> alternative mail for follow-up communication? Thanks.

Welcome!

> Hi!
>
> I'm adding [Ironic] tag to your message, so that our mail filters mark it as
> belonging to Ironic.
>
> Of course I can't answer for Devananda, but I think you can go ahead with
> proposing a spec [1] for your driver, see some already approved spec (e.g.
> [2] and [3]) for example. Drop by our IRC channel #openstack-ironic on
> Freenode if you have urgent questions to the team, or post here with
> [Ironic] tag.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ironic/Specs_Process
> [2]
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/liberty/msft-ocs-power-driver.html
> [3]
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/liberty/cisco-ucs-pxe-driver.html

+1, I don't know if it will be your first contribution with OpenStack
but you might want to take a look at the OpenStack guide for first
time developers [1]

And as Dmitry already pointed out, feel free to join in the
#openstack-ironic IRC channel and ask questions there as well!

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#starting-a-change

Cheers,
Lucas