[openstack-dev] [keystone] the status of ec2 api

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 01:05:45 UTC 2015

Hi Brant,

>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Keystone team,
>>>
>>> Now the test of ec2 credentials[1] is been proposed to Tempest, and
>>> I'd like to know current situation of ec2 api on Keystone as a Tempest
>>> reviewer.
>>>

> Why are keystone functional tests being proposed to tempest and not to
> keystone?

Maybe the proposer is wanting to test the API on actual OpenStack env
which is deployed with DevStack on the gate.
According to https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/tests/unit/test_v3_credential.py#L371
, keystone seems to contain already enough tests as unit tests I
guess.

>>> On Nova instead, ec2 api is deprecated in Nova and the standalone
>>> service of ec2 api is separated from Nova to
>>> https://github.com/stackforge/ec2-api .
>>> As the result, ec2 api tests of Nova are defined as "thirdparty" and
>>> these tests don't run on normal checks/gates on the gate.
>>> If ec2 api is deprecated on Keystone side also, it seems better to
>>> define these tests as "thirdparty".
>>> That is a reason why I'd like to know current situation of Keystone ec2
>>> api.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Ken Ohmichi
>>>

>> There hasn't been any discussion of deprecating EC2 APIs in keystone, and
>> I don't know why we would since it hasn't been causing any problems. Every
>> once in a while we get a proposal from someone to implement a new version.

Thanks for your explanation, I got the situation of keystone side :-)

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi