[openstack-dev] [glance] Removing python-swiftclient from requirements.txt

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 18:47:17 UTC 2015

So helpful!  Thank you.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> There is some documentation in the pbr manual
> (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/pbr/#extra-requirements). The
> feature is implemented throughout the packaging tool chain now.

Ah, excellent!  PEP 0426 seemed keen on standardizing, but I'm not seeing
any recent movement and setuptools support [2] seems to indicate the
ecosystem can move forward without it?

1. https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0426/#extras-optional-dependencies
2.
http://pythonhosted.org/setuptools/setuptools.html#declaring-extras-optional-features-with-their-own-dependencies

> Here one would say "pip install foo[testing]" and on Python 2.7
> would also get the quux library.

 I knew pip constantly telling me to upgrade it would pay off eventually.
So cool.

Thanks!

-Clay