[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Restrictions in Fuel API: nova-network

Sheena Gregson sgregson at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 29 18:21:16 UTC 2015

I think it becomes challenging to communicate to users why some of the
nova-network flows show a warning and are not tested while others appear to
work without issue.

For example, a customer using multi-HV would see a successful nova-network
selection, but if they change to using only KVM/QEMU, it would show a
warning.  This seems weird to me from a user perspective.

That’s not to say we can’t do it, I’m just not sure I see the value we are
providing to users by providing unsupported and/or untested flows that are
difficult to message correctly.