[openstack-dev] [infra] Getting notified of closed pull requests on github?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Wed Jul 29 16:14:36 UTC 2015

Every now and then I go look at github to see what pull requests have
been auto-closed there, since it seems most of the repos under
https://github.com/openstack/(.*) auto-close pull requests (with
messages telling people to use gerrit);

I'm wondering though if there is anyway to notify the maintainers in
gerrit that this has happened?

For example anytime a PR is closed on say:

https://github.com/openstack/taskflow/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed

A email could be sent to all of:

https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/173,members

Letting those members there know that a PR was closed, and so that those
members can then try to avoid losing a contribution from a person that
was just trying to do 'good' (by making a PR in the first place).

Is anything like that possible, it would very much help in *not* losing
these types of contributions (and new members to our community) because
currently I have a feeling that most people don't even know that such
pull requests are getting closed automagically.

For example:

-
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.messaging/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed
(3 here)