[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] Would anyone from Nova Core be able to join the Cinder mid-cycle meetup?

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Wed Jul 29 12:59:59 UTC 2015

On 24 July 2015 at 22:49, Jay S. Bryant <jsbryant at electronicjungle.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> I had the opportunity to chat with John Garbutt when he was here in
> Rochester for the Nova mid-cycle meet-up.  We discussed the fact that there
> was much to be gained by improving the communication between the Cinder and
> Nova teams.

We do have names written down for CrossProjectLiaisons for other projects.
That is helping a little, but I am sure we can refine the idea so its
more effective:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Inter-project_Liaisons

The basic ideas would be to get folks who are in the Nova meeting
regularly to jump into the Cinder meeting when required, and someone
else to do the reverse.

For specific patches that really important to cinder, it would be good
to advertise them in the usual place for nova:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/liberty-nova-priorities-tracking

> With that idea in mind, it was suggested that the Cinder team open an
> invitation to Nova members to attend our mid-cycle meet-up.  The mid-cycle
> meet-up, of course, is not a secret.  A member of the Nova team has always
> been welcome to join, just hoping that an explicit invitation here may spark
> some interest.  :-)  Note:  John considered attending but is unable to do
> so.

So looks like Paul might be there.

I can try and join a hangout, if there is something urgent.
That approach has big limitations, but happy to try (ideally AM, given
I am in the UK).

> The mid-cycle meet-up for Cinder is 8/4 through 8/7 at the HP site in Fort
> Collins, CO .  Friday is an optional code sprint day for those who are able
> to stay that long.  Details about the meet-up can be seen on our mid-cycle
> meetup planning etherpad [1].
>
> If you are able to join us and help us work through the various challenges
> we are having between Cinder and Nova it would be greatly appreciated!

+1

Thanks,
John