[openstack-dev] The proposed "Neutron API extension for packet forwarding" has a lot of duplication to the Neutron SFC API

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Tue Jul 28 22:01:33 UTC 2015

All,

My suggestion was as follows:

> <sc68cal> I'd say maybe an e-mail to the ML, with the results of this meeting, and say that we want to try and converge where
> there is commonality

I think there is overlap between the two APIs. Let's keep collaborating
on both the networking-sfc and packet forwarding APIs, to see where we
have commonality. I think Cathy's initial e-mail may have ruffled
feathers - and I'd like to smooth them out again. I think the statement
"we only need one API" is far too premature.

Let's play nice with the other API proposals, yes?

--
Sean M. Collins