[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Linux Bridge CI status report

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Mon Jul 27 23:12:45 UTC 2015

As of Jul 27 2015 - we are currently passing 85% of the time on the LB
CI job. There are some legitimate failures on patches where LB was the
dissenting job, meaning there was most likely a bug in the LB code or
job. I've listed the runs where the Linux Bridge CI job under L32 of
this etherpad - I plan to drill down into the logs and see if we can
classify the failures.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/devstack-linuxbridge

Basically the 85% stat is for just today since the 48 hour query in
Kibana includes the weekend, where not a lot of traffic occurs - however
using a small sample allows me to filter the failures by hand, and
classify patches that failed multiple CI jobs, meaning the patch was
probably flawed, versus patches that *should* have passed the LB CI.

Also, I have backported some DevStack patches to the stable/kilo branch to
enable the Linux Bridge CI job to successfully run on patches against
that branch, which has improved the overall success rate since there
were recently patches against stable/kilo due to an upcoming
release.

Ideally, I'd like to see the following backport approved, however I
don't think it warrants a freeze exception.

https://review.openstack.org/202845

Also, if we could get some core reviewers to look at the following, it
would be much appreciated.

https://review.openstack.org/193485

Overall, I'm very happy with the stats so far, and have a WIP patch to
make the LB job voting. I think after we get 202845 merged and maybe get
up into the 90% success rate I'll take off the WIP and solicit feedback

https://review.openstack.org/205674

--
Sean M. Collins