[openstack-dev] [Cinder] A possible solution for HA Active-Active

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:10:01 UTC 2015

Thanks for this work Gorka. Even if we don't end up taking the approach you
suggest, there are parts that are undoubtedly useful piece of quality, well
thought out code, posted in clean patches, that can be used to easily try
out ideas that were not possible previously. I'm both impressed, and
imthusiastic about moving forward on this for the first time in a while.
Appreciated.

--
Duncan Thomas

On 27 July 2015 at 22:35, Gorka Eguileor <geguileo at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know we've all been looking at the HA Active-Active problem in Cinder
> and trying our best to figure out possible solutions to the different
> issues, and since current plan is going to take a while (because it
> requires that we finish first fixing Cinder-Nova interactions), I've been
> looking at alternatives that allow Active-Active configurations without
> needing to wait for those changes to take effect.
>
> And I think I have found a possible solution, but since the HA A-A
> problem has a lot of moving parts I ended up upgrading my initial
> Etherpad notes to a post [1].
>
> Even if we decide that this is not the way to go, which we'll probably
> do, I still think that the post brings a little clarity on all the
> moving parts of the problem, even some that are not reflected on our
> Etherpad [2], and it can help us not miss anything when deciding on a
> different solution.
>
> Cheers,
> Gorka.
>
> [1]: http://gorka.eguileor.com/a-cinder-road-to-activeactive-ha/