[openstack-dev] [ironic] AttributeError: 'GitReviewException' object has no attribute 'EXIT_CODE'

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Jul 26 13:55:51 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-26 02:53:30 -0700 (-0700), Malhar Vora wrote:
> I have done everything from scratch and followed below step.
>
> Please check and tell me what is missing,
[...]
> 3. Created account in https://review.openstack.org and updated contact
> details
[...]

There's a related step you've skipped here. From our instructions:

    "agree to the Individual Contributor License Agreement" at
    https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/agreements

I expect that's the problem, but don't have time to check the ICLA
signers group membership right now to confirm.

> 6. Installed git-review using apt-get install git-review
[...]
> We don't know where your gerrit is. Please manually create a remote
> named "gerrit" and try again.
> Could not connect to gerrit at ssh://
> malhar_vora at review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/ironic.git
[...]

This is likely obscuring the actual error. Chances are the version
of git-review in your distribution is misinterpreting the lack of a
signed CLA during its test push as a failure to connect to Gerrit.
This was a known issue in one or more releases of the utility. More
recent versions (1.25.0 certainly, maybe 1.24 as well but I'm having
trouble tracking down exactly which commit improved that situation)
are clearer about this and you'll actually see the CLA or contact
info errors rather than a misleading error about SSH credentials.
--
Jeremy Stanley