[openstack-dev] [Fuel] FFE requests and status

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 23:42:03 UTC 2015

Current FFE request status:

FFE for bug/1475759 ceph generators - PENDING Approval
FF Exception request for Fernet tokens support. - DECLINED
FF Exception request for Custom node attributes feature - APPROVED, MERGED
FF Exception request for Templates for Networking feature - APPROVED
FF Exception for LP-1464656 fix (update ceph PG calculation algorithm) -
PENDING Approval
FF Exception request for Env Upgrade feature - APPROVED
FF Exception request for Deploy nova-compute (VCDriver) feature - PENDING
Approval

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM Mike Scherbakov <mscherbakov at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Andrew.
>
> I'd like to add that after there is an announcement about FF, all core
> reviewers should stop getting patches into master which are parts of
> features or extensions. We expect only bugfixes. If there is anything else,
> we need to be very transparent about it, and have them in public place like
> here.
>
> In the past, we had a practice when developers would continue to work on
> enhancements instead of bugs, and cores would support it. And in fact, FF
> moves to SCF - and we have to slip our release. Let's not do this again.
>

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:56 AM Andrew Woodward <xarses at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In case you missed it, feature freeze is today and in the rush to merge
>> things, you may have had issues with getting everything landed.
>>
>> For those that are not familiar with the process, to request a feature
>> freeze exception (FFE):
>>
>> * You will need to raise the request to the ML here and in such message
>> - Include "[Fuel] FFE request" + feature name in the subject
>> - Document what is outstanding (Link to CR's), what's their state
>> - Link to blueprint
>> - Document impact of outstanding changes
>> - Document how long you expect before it can lang
>> * You will also need to get two of the cores in the repo(s) impacted by
>> outstanding reviews to sponsor reviewing the outstanding CR's
>> * Finally PTL will approve each FFE request.
>>
>> Please do not ask for a FFE in this thread
>>
>> I will update this thread with approved FFE's as they occur
>>
>> --
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andrew Woodward
>>
>> Mirantis