[openstack-dev] The proposed "Neutron API extension for packet forwarding" has a lot of duplication to the Neutron SFC API

Cathy Zhang Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com
Fri Jul 24 22:50:21 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,
In our last networking-sfc project IRC meeting, an issue was brought up that the API proposed in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186663/ has a lot of duplication to the SFC API https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192933/ that is being currently implemented. In the IRC meeting, the project team reached consensus that we only need one API and the service chain API can cover the functionality needed by https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186663/. Please refer to the meeting log http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/service_chaining/2015/service_chaining.2015-07-23-17.02.log.html for more discussion info. Please let us know if you have different opinion.
Thanks,
Cathy