[openstack-dev] [fuel] FF Exception request for Fernet tokens support.

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Fri Jul 24 06:27:07 UTC 2015

Fuel Library team, I expect your immediate reply here.

I'd like upgrades team to take a look at this one, as well as at the one
which moves Keystone under Apache, in order to check that there are no
issues here.

-1 from me for this time in the cycle. I'm concerned about:

   1. I don't see any reference to blueprint or bug which explains (with
   measurements) why we need this change in reference architecture, and what
   are the thoughts about it in puppet-openstack, and OpenStack Keystone. We
   need to get datapoints, and point to them. Just knowing that Keystone team
   implemented support for it doesn't yet mean that we need to rush in
   enabling this.
   2. It is quite noticeable change, not a simple enhancement. I reviewed
   the patch, there are questions raised.
   3. It doesn't pass CI, and I don't have information on risks associated,
   and additional effort required to get this done (how long would it take to
   get it done)
   4. This feature increases complexity of reference architecture. Now I'd
   like every complexity increase to be optional. I have feedback from the
   field, that our prescriptive architecture just doesn't fit users' needs,
   and it is so painful to decouple then what is needed vs what is not. Let's
   start extending stuff with an easy switch, being propagated from Fuel
   Settings. Is it possible to do? How complex would it be?

If we get answers for all of this, and decide that we still want the
feature, then it would be great to have it. I just don't feel that it's
right timing anymore - we entered FF.

Thanks,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:53 AM Alexander Makarov <amakarov at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> I would like to request an exception from the Feature Freeze for Fernet
> tokens support added to the fuel-library in the following CR:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/201029/
>
> Keystone part of the feature is implemented in the upstream and the change
> impacts setup configuration only.
>
> Please, respond if you have any questions or concerns related to this
> request.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Kind Regards,
> Alexander Makarov,
> Senior Software Developer,
>
> Mirantis, Inc.
> 35b/3, Vorontsovskaya St., 109147, Moscow, Russia
>
> Tel.: +7 (495) 640-49-04
> Tel.: +7 (926) 204-50-60
>
> Skype: MAKAPOB.AJIEKCAHDP

Mike Scherbakov