[openstack-dev] [nova] nova unittests will be affected by mock 1.3

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jul 23 23:34:56 UTC 2015

I've released mock 1.3 which really correctly fixes the behaviour of
mock_open. Unfortunately there is a test in nova that is faulty (and
was faulty but silently so with 1.2).

 https://review.openstack.org/204222 fixes this up.

I had intended to let it land before releasing, but I forgot I had it
applied to my local tree when I ran the nova tests with mock 1.3.0
before releasing.

So the good news is, I know that patch fixes things.

The bad news is, I know its needed.

Sorry :(.

jroll verified that Ironic works with mock 1.3, so thats known good.

BTW - the reason for doing it now, is that I'm travelling in 24 hours,
and releasing it closer to then would be bad, and the Python 3.5
release is happening, and it needs to sync reasonably closely with
that. Rock and hard place.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>