[openstack-dev] [fuel] Meeting 7/23

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 23 18:55:38 UTC 2015

I'd like to say a few comments about topics which we didn't have time for:
> * ubuntu based bootstrap has been merged, needs thorough testing
(kozhukalov)
great work, thanks Alexei Sheplyakov for working days and nights to get
this done. Thanks kozhukalov for helping him out and getting it into master
before FF. Let's test it now and see if we can switch it for default in
Fuel.
Please test Fuel upgrade use case, when old env is on old bootstrap, and
new Fuel starts using new bootstrap. Will it be an issue?

> * Let's switch keystone under Apache right after FF (adidenko)
I don't like this. I think we are late for it. It had to be done before FF.
We need separate email discussion on this one, I believe, and involvement
of puppet-openstack & Keystone community. Let's not repeat our mistakes in
last release, when we enabled apache but broke keystone on scale.

I can't comment on other topics as I don't know much about those,
unfortunately.

Thanks,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:27 AM Andrew Woodward <xarses at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep, forgot to include the topics i referred to
>
> Topics not covered in todays meeting, but requested in the agenda
>
> * ubuntu based bootstrap has been merged, needs thorough testing
> (kozhukalov)
> * Let's switch keystone under Apache right after FF (adidenko)
> * Separate services from controller status (mattymo)
> * (?) update iso build process(rpm\deb\repositories\nailgun pinning\IBP)
> (azvyagintsev)  (didn't appear in a meeting)
> * (?) status of upgrade module => package (azvyagintsev) (didn't appear in
> a meeting)
> * Enable deployment through Packer and Vagrant, and/or publish vagrant
> boxes and Vagrantfiles for "standard" deployments locally (crimi) (didn't
> appear in a meeting)
>

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:10 AM Andrew Woodward <xarses at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Today's meeting was a little hectic, if you have a topic on the agenda,
>> ensure you are present and ready to speak, or move your topic lower in the
>> agenda. When possible, pre-type you main points of discussion and copy and
>> paste it into the channel when your topic comes up. This tends to save a
>> bit of time and allows us to move through the topics more quickly.
>>
>> The minutes [2] are available and the following topics where missed.
>> Please raise them in the ML if they should be discussed prior to the next
>> meeting.
>>
>> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/fuel-weekly-meeting-agenda
>> [2]
>> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/fuel/2015/fuel.2015-07-23-16.00.html