[openstack-dev] [magnum][blueprint] magnum-service-list
suro.patz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 23:54:52 UTC 2015
[special attention: Jay Lau]
The bp registered, asks for the following implementation -
* 'magnum service-list' should be similar to 'nova service-list'
* 'magnum service-list' should be moved to be ' magnum
k8s-service-list'. Also similar holds true for 'pod-list'/'rc-list'
As I dug some details, I find -
* 'magnum service-list' fetches data from OpenStack DB, instead of
the COE endpoint. So technically it is not k8s-specific. magnum is
serving data for objects modeled as 'service', just the way we are
catering for 'magnum container-list' in case of swarm bay.
* If magnum provides a way to get the COE endpoint details, users can
use native tools to fetch the status of the COE-specific objects,
viz. 'kubectl get services' here.
* nova has lot more backend services, e.g. cert, scheduler,
consoleauth, compute etc. in comparison to magnum's conductor only.
Also, not all the api's have this 'service-list' available.
With these arguments in view, can we have some more
explanation/clarification in favor of the ask in the blueprint?
 - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/magnum-service-list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev