[openstack-dev] [fuel][puppet] Module Sync for Murano and Sahara

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:41:21 UTC 2015

I was looped into reviewing the sync commits for Murano and Sahara. Both
are in terrible shape and risk feature freeze at this point.

We need feed back from the authors here. What is actually required for Kilo
support (if any)from the Murano and Sahara modules? What will happen if
these slip the release. What can you do to simplify the review scope. The
most we can reasonably review is 500 LOC in any short time (and that's
pushing it).

Synopsis:
murano [1] is -2, this can't be merged; there is a adapt commit with out
any sync commit. The only way we will accept the fork method is a sync from
upstream +adapt as documented in [2] also it's neigh impossible to review
something this large with out the separation.
-2 There is no upstream repo with content, so where did this even come
from? We are/where the authority for murano at present so I'm baffled as to
where this came from.

Possible way through: A) Split sync from adapt, hopefully the adapt is
small enough to to review. B)Make only changes necessary for kilo support.

Sahara [3][4]
This is a RED flah here, I'm not even sure to call it -1, -2 or something
entirely else. I had with Serg M, This is a sync of upstream, plus the code
on review from fuel that is not merged into puppet-sahara. I'm going to say
that our fork is in much better shape at this moment, and we should just
let it be. We shouldn't sync this until the upstream code is landed.

Possible way through: C) The two outstanding commits inside the adapt
commit need to be pulled out. They should be proposed right on top of the
sync commit and should apply cleanly. I would prefer to see them as
separate commits so they can be compared to the source more accurately.
This should bring the adapt to something that could be reviewed. D) propose
only the changes necessary to get kilo support.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/203731/
[2]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/How_to_contribute#Adding_new_puppet_modules_to_fuel-library
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/202045