[openstack-dev] [Openstack] [Swift] Erasure coding reconstructor doesn't work

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:22:03 UTC 2015

How did you "deleted one data fragment"?

Like replication the EC consistency engine uses some sub directory hashing
to accelerate replication requests in a consistent system - so if you just
rm a file down in an hashdir somewhere you also need to delete the
hashes.pkl up in the part dir (or call the invalidate_hash method like PUT,
DELETE, POST, and quarantine do)

Every so often someone discusses the idea of having the auditor invalidate
a hash after "long enough" or take some action on empty hashdirs (mind the
races!) - but its really only an issue when someone delete's something by
hand so we normally manage to get distracted with other things.

-Clay