[openstack-dev] [requirements] backlog of requirements changes

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Jul 21 18:35:24 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Robert Collins's message of 2015-07-22 03:17:53 +1200:
> There seem to be quite a backlog in openstack/requirements.
>
> http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/requirements-reviewers-30.txt
>
> there are roughly 10x new changes to the number of reviews cores are
> managing to do.
>
> This worries me, and I'd like to help.
>
> How can I best do so?
>
> -Rob

I've noticed that most of the proposed changes recently would somehow
break the constraints list.

I added https://review.openstack.org/204181, which I think fixes the
test to prevent projects from being out of the allowed range.

I've also added https://review.openstack.org/204198 to encourage
contributors adding new requirements to list them in
upper-constraints.txt. The latter might be something we plan to rely on
having happen automatically, but until we have that automation in place
it seems reasonable to do it manually.

Doug