[openstack-dev] [designate] The designate API service is stopped

Jaime Fernández jjjaime at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:19:38 UTC 2015

Hi Kiall,

It's a bit strange because only designate-api dies but designate-sink is
also integrated with qpid and survives.

These issues are a bit difficult because it is not deterministic. What I've
just tested is using a local qpid instance and it looks like the
designate-api is not killed any more (however, it's a short period of
time). We are going to integrate the host where designate components are
installed in the same VLAN than the rest of OST just to check if it's a
rare issue with the network.

Before testing with Rabbit, as you recommended, we are testing with qpid in
the same VLAN (just to discard the network issue).

I will give you info about my progress.