[openstack-dev] Python 3: 5 more projects with a py34 voting gate, only 4 remaing

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Mon Jul 20 18:26:25 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> (3) keystonemiddleware: blocked by python-memcached, I sent a pull request
> 3 months ago and I'm still waiting...
>
> https://github.com/linsomniac/python-memcached/pull/67
>
> I may fork the project if the maintainer never reply. Read the current
> thread "[all] Non-responsive upstream libraries (python34 specifically)" on
> openstack-dev.

> Victor

keystonemiddleware has had a py34 gate for a long time. The tests run
without python-memcache installed since the tests are skipped if memcache
isn't available. We've got a separate test-requirements-py34.txt that
doesn't include python-memcache. This has been causing problems lately
since the requirements job now fails since there are duplicate requirements
in multiple files (test-requirements-py34 is just test-requirements with
python-memcache removed).

I proposed a change to global-requirements to mark python-memcache as not
working on py34: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/203437/

and then we'll have to change keystonemiddleware to merge the
test-requirements-py34 into test-requirements:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/197254/ .

- Brant