[openstack-dev] [Tempest] Can we add testcase for Unshelving volume backed instance?

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Mon Jul 20 14:43:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Deore, Pranali11 <
pranali11.deore at nttdata.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> Unshelving a volume backed instance was not working before merging the
> patch [1].
>

> In case of volume backed instance, snapshot is not taken when an instance
> is shelved,
>
> so shelve_image_id key is not set to the instance system metadata.
>
> If shelve_image_id is None, UnshelveException was raised which was
> incorrect.
>

> In current tempest suit there is no such testcase for unshleving a volume
> backed
>
> instance. Can I add that testcase?

Hi,
Just for my information, what is the use case ? If a VM is booted from a
volume, it's already "persistent", so why don't you just delete the
instance, knowing you could later on boot again from this volume ?

In any case, you could add this test into the test_shelve_instance scenario.