[openstack-dev] [os-ansible-deployment] Core nomination for Matt Kassawara (sam-i-am)

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:16:02 UTC 2015

On 17 July 2015 at 16:14, Kevin Carter <kevin.carter at rackspace.com> wrote:

> I would like to nominate Matt Kassawara (IRC: sam-i-am) to the OpenStack
> Ansible deployment core team. Matt has been instrumental in building out
> our current install and use documentation[0], he is just about always in
> the community channel(s) helping folks, is a great technical resource for
> all things networking / OpenStack, and is one of the main people we already
> rely on to ensure we're documenting the right things in the right places.
> IMHO, its about time he be given Core powers within the OSAD project.
>
> Please respond with +1/-1s and or any other concerns.
>
> As a reminder, we are using the voting process outlined at [
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Approved/CoreDevProcess ] to
> add members to our core team.

At this stage my vote is -1. While Matt definitely provides valuable input
and assistance from time to time, he is not an consistently active
reviewer. By comparison there are several others [1] who are more actively
reviewing and providing good feedback with regards to code quality, testing
results and project fit.

I would like to see Matt do more reviews and challenge the team to be
better at documenting and usability before considering him as a core team
member.

[1]
http://stackalytics.com/?project_type=stackforge&release=liberty&module=os-ansible-deployment