[openstack-dev] [cinder]Question for availability_zone of cinder

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 22:36:18 UTC 2015

So this has come up a few times. My question is, does having one node
serving several backends really form multiple AZs? Not really, the c-vol
node becomes a single point of failure.

There might be value in moving the AZ setting into the per-backend
configurables, if it doesn't work there already, for testing if nothing
else, but I do worry that it encorages people to misunderstand or worse
intentionally fake multiple AZs.

On 19 July 2015 at 05:19, hao wang <sxmatch1986 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi  stackers,
>
> I found now cinder only can configure one storage_availability_zone for
> cinder-volume. If using multi-backend in one cinder-volume node, could we
> have different AZ for each backend? So that we can specify each backend as
> a AZ and create volume in this AZ.
>
> Regards,
> Wang Hao

Duncan Thomas