[openstack-dev] [nova]Proposal for function to manage the resources available to each tenant

Kenji Ishii ken-ishii at sx.jp.nec.com
Fri Jul 17 12:05:47 UTC 2015

Thank you for reply!

> Not sure I fully understand but AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation filter
> already partially does the job (with a certain number of pitfalls, one being
> addressed in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195783/ )

I understand that nova already has function to isolate resources for each tenant
and the functional improvements is in progress.
I will watch this blueprint and try to check AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation filter.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195783/

> Nova litterally knows nothing about Regions, that's a pure Keystone
> concept. From my perspective, you just have to make sure that your
> tenants are per region, you don't really need more to have the tenancy
> segregation at the region level. Caution, I'm not a Keystone expert.

We had assumed that system configuration is single horizon and single keystone
and multiple regions. In this case, a tenant has resources at all regions.
My proposal is this precondition.

Thanks.

Kenji Ishii