[openstack-dev] [all] Non-responsive upstream libraries (python34 specifically)

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu Jul 16 15:11:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

Le 16/07/2015 17:00, Davanum Srinivas a écrit :
> I ended up here:
> https://github.com/linsomniac/python-memcached/issues/54
> https://github.com/linsomniac/python-memcached/pull/67

Oh, that's my pull request :-) Multiple peoples asked to merge my pull
request, and I pinged explicitly the maintainer without _any_ kind of
feedback. He's away or just don't care anymore since april (2015).

For me, they are two options:

* Fork python-memcached, but keep the same Python module name. Similar
approach than suds/suds-jurko and pam/pam3

* Switch to pymemcache which is already compatible with Python 3

Victor