[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Abandon changesets which hang for a while without updates

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 16 00:08:40 UTC 2015

Folks,
let's execute here. Numbers are still large. Did we have a chance to look
over the whole queue?

Can we go ahead and abandon changes having -1 or -2 from reviewers for over
than a months or so?
I'm all for just following standard OpenStack process [1], and then change
it only if there is good reason for it.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Puppet#Patch_abandonment_policy

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 6:27 PM Stanislaw Bogatkin <sbogatkin at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> 2 weeks seems too small for me. We easy can be in situation when fix for
> medium bug is done, but SCF starts. And gap between SCF and release easily
> can be more than a month. So, 2 months seems okay for me if speaking about
> forcibly applying auto-abandon by major vote. And I'm personally against
> such innovation at all.
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> That's a very good plan ("Initial feedback/triage") Mike.
>>
>> thanks,
>> dims
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Mike Scherbakov
>> <mscherbakov at mirantis.com> wrote:
>> > +1 for just reusing existing script, and adjust it on the way. No need
>> > immediately switch from infinite time to a couple of weeks, we can
>> always
>> > adjust it later. But 1-2 month should be a good start already.
>> >
>> > Our current stats [1] look just terrible. Before we enable an
>> auto-abandon,
>> > we need to go every single patch first, and review it / provide comment
>> > authors. The idea is not to abandon some good patches, and not to offend
>> > contributors...
>> >
>> > Let's think how we can approach it. Should we have core reviewers to
>> check
>> > their corresponding components?
>> >
>> > [1] http://stackalytics.com/report/reviews/fuel-group/open

>> https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/tools/abandon_old_reviews.sh