[openstack-dev] [neutron] What does flavor mean for a network?

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Wed Jul 15 15:54:14 UTC 2015

I've been reading available docs about the forthcoming Neutron flavors
framework, and am not yet sure I understand what it means for a network.

Is it a way for an admin to provide a particular kind of network, and
then for a tenant to know what they're attaching their VMs to?

How does it differ from provider:network-type?  (I guess, because the
latter is supposed to be for implementation consumption only - but is
that correct?)

Thanks,
     Neil