[openstack-dev] How to get the Physical switch data at the openstack neutron

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:54:14 UTC 2015

On 07/15/2015 09:02 AM, Ram Mallagundla wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I am working on  to display the physical switch topology at the Horizon
> , i mean the if there are four switches are interconnected . need
> display same topology at the openstack Horizon.
>

> is there any way to get the physical switch topology ??

Like Neil said, Neutron doesn't (and shouldn't, IMHO) have any
functionality that does this.

That said, you could use something like lldpd to query the physical
switch ports and try to find some topology information about the
physical network:

https://tobrunet.ch/articles/LLDPd-Know-your-network-neighbors

Best,
-jay