[openstack-dev] [puppet] Run neutron db sync also for each neutron module

Lukas Bezdicka lbezdick at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 12:44:00 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm not 100% sure about patch [1] I've sent and I'm looking into ideas.
Neutron API in liberty will require lbaas, fwaas and vpnaas packages installed if they are set in service_plugins or it won't even start the neutron service. For the modules to work one also needs to run neutron-db-manage with --service {servicename} option, so neutron-db-sync has to be run for neutron and all the modules. My solution to this is to include package installation classes in  ::neutron class and to check ::neutron::service_plugins variable in ::neutron::db::sync class to run needed db syncs. This seems to work fine but it causes duplicate declaration errors in certain setups. These duplication declaration errors are caused by order where one wants to provide neutron::agents::lbaas options after he called ::neutron class. So is it OK to just require the lbaas, fwaas and vpnaas to be declared before ::neutron class? If yes I'll just patch beaker tests and it should be merge-able.

Thanks,
Lukas Bezdicka

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200877/