[openstack-dev] [neutron] Adding results to extension callbacks (ml2 port_update ext handling).

Irena Berezovsky irenab.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 07:09:25 UTC 2015

Hi Bob, Miguel

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Robert Kukura <kukura at noironetworks.com>
wrote:

> I haven't had a chance to review this patch in detail yet, but am
> wondering if this is being integrated with ML2 as an extension driver? If
> so, that should clearly address how dictionaries are extended and input
> values are validated. If not, why?

This was my initial idea as well. But with this approach we had to split
QoS extension into two parts, once for QoS policies and rules managements
and other for QoS policy association with network/port.
The first one is realized by oS service plugin and the latter could be
realized as ML2 extension.
With current approach, QoS Plugin takes care of both parts. As Miguel
mentioned, the port/network QoS policy association information can be added
by enhancing current callback mechanism. It works fine when need to
propagate details from ML2 to the QoS Plugin for configuration, but lacks
support to add QoS policy details to port attributed when get_port is
invoked.
With approach we took, all QoS functionality managed by single plugin and
required less integration pieces in several places.