[openstack-dev] [requirements] why merging 2.6 requirements for non 2.6 supporting projects

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jul 14 13:08:46 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-14 08:38:57 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
> There is trove classification in the projects themselves right?
[...]
> That seems like it should be enough information to know the 2.6 question.

I got to thinking through what this might look like, and while
filtering down the markers based on versions stated in trove
classifiers is fairly trivial when it's just a single == or != (such
as your example), we would also want to take into account inequality
operators for version ranges and logical constructions (and, or,
parenthetical ordering) which suggest that any marker simplification
routine is probably better implemented in setuptools/pkg_resources
which is already parsing these.
--
Jeremy Stanley