[openstack-dev] [nova] Reminder: July 16 is non-priority feature proposal freeze

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Jul 14 10:52:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

Please note, the non-priority feature freeze is on: July 30

Blueprint assignees (as always, but especially now), please update
your blueprint to:
* NeedsCodeReview, once all your code ready for review
* Implemented, once all your code has merged
Not doing this, will force me to guess randomly, which is unlikely to go well.

This proposal freeze is designed to optimise the number of completed
blueprints by the above freeze date. This freeze is to ensure the
priority items for Liberty get the attention they need. For more
details, please see:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Liberty_Release_Schedule#Non-priority_Blueprint_Feature_Freeze
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Liberty_Release_Schedule#Why_is_there_a_non-priority_Feature_Freeze_in_Nova.3F

I am expecting zero proposal freeze exceptions at this point, given
the amount of really useful features that are already up for review.
Please contact me directly, ideally on IRC, if you need an exception.

Many thanks,
John

PS
There are some good proposals being drawn up for an alternative
process to the non-priority feature proposal freeze:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Liberty_Release_Schedule#Runways
We will discuss these ideas, and more, during the midcycle, in the
hope we can get some agreement (and work) on a new process, before the
start of the M release.