[openstack-dev] [Nova] Friday July 10 is Nova's "non-priority feature review bash day"

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Jul 14 10:02:18 UTC 2015

On 10 July 2015 at 19:08, Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/2015 12:35 PM, John Garbutt wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Friday is: non-priority feature review bash day
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Liberty_Release_Schedule#Dates_overview
>>
>> The idea is the whole nova community is invited to concentrate on
>> reviewing some some of the low priority blueprints that have been
>> hanging around for a while.
>>
>> *Note*
>> the whole nova community are invited, its not just core reviewers, as
>> with all review efforts
>>
>> The suggested starting point are low priority blueprints marked as
>> NeedsCodeReview here:
>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/liberty
>>
>> To help focus our efforts I am trying to curate a list of blueprints
>> that have been waiting a long time for a review, see the "Low
>> priority, and longest waiting Blueprint patches" section of the usual
>> etherpad as a starting point:
>> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/liberty-nova-priorities-tracking
>>
>> Please lets group together and really get some of these long standing
>> blueprints merged before next weeks non-priority feature proposal
>> freeze, and the upcoming non-priority feature freeze.
>>
>> As usual, any questions or ideas, please do get in touch.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> johnthetubaguy

> This is a good idea and thanks for pulling together the list in the
> etherpad.
>
> However, Friday is probably not the best for this (as I'm writing this at
> 1pm on the day of the bash).  We are having gate issues today draining some
> resources, plus quite a few people aren't really around, and I had a big
> lunch and it's quiet and I feel like sleeping. :)
>
> So maybe we should reschedule this for like, Tuesday 7/14 when people are
> actually around?

Sorry, I have been out over the weekend and yesterday, so only just
seen this. Emergencies happen.

It was really just a Friday, as it used to be considered the "best"
day for these review pushes in the past, open to trying other days.

I think the list is still valid. Lets all catch up on IRC to pick a
time to push hard on some more reviews of these blueprint.

Thanks,
John