[openstack-dev] [all] Time to remove Python2.6 jobs from master

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jul 13 11:57:35 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-13 10:08:16 +0200 (+0200), Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> clients and oslo libraries still maintain their py26 for a reason:
> decision to drop py26 was for server projects only.

Yes, that decision was made at a time when our server projects had
stable branches, but our clients and shared libraries did not. My
recollection is that "server projects only" was a proxy for "only
projects with stable branches." Now that we have stable branches of,
say, python-novaclient where we can backport juno-relevant security
fixes, people on 2.6-only platforms who want to install and run
python-novaclient from PyPI can use the stable/juno version (though
I'll admit that finding which version works with 2.6 may be a tricky
proposition for a consumer who is unaware of this situation).
--
Jeremy Stanley